A healthy side dish: beetroot, feta, carrots août 5, 2015
Sometimes all you need to pep up a barbecue or a meaty dish is a stunning (and intriguing) salad. As you know, we don’t do anything by halves, so here is our pomegranate, carrot, beetroot and feta salad. It’s tangy and sublime for the eyes and your tastebuds. I recommend it with barbecued fish and chicken! You can even try this healthy side dish as a main course for lunch. If you are missing protein with this dish and you want to have it as packed lunch, bake some salmon and chop it up and place on top. The subtle taste of salmon will fit so well with this tangy, sweet salad. Remember to add a bit of salt and pepper!
Pomegranate, carrot, beetroot and feta salad recipe
- 2 carrots, peeled,
- 1 small beetroot, peeled
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Use a peeler, to thinly slice the carrots and beetroot
- Season with salt and mix together
- Place on a plate and crumble the feta on top
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on top
- Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar on top
Serve and enjoy!